Monday, November 11, 2013

Ju Ye-lam/Task 5.2/ Tue 1pm

Ju Ye-lam

5.

             I interviewed my father and asked him about political phenomena which he experienced during his lifetime. After I interviewed him, I could know the events that I couldn't get through such as the revitalizing regime and pro-democracy movement in Korea. I also could know the atmosphere at that time of the events and what my father felt and acted under those situations. About interviewing, I realized that I should know well about my interviewee and that I should prepare quite specific questions. I could get the longest answer from the question, "Could you explain about the Korean War including your or others' experience?" I think he talked much because I asked him to talk about specific experiences about the event. The question I got the shortest answer was "How did IMF affect your life?" However, he was a public official and he was not much influenced by IMF, so I guess he didn't have much to tell. Among many questions about the political events, one question about pro-democracy movement in Gwangju led to the most interesting response. Because his hometown was Gwangju and he could see, listen directly what happened in the city.

6.

             If I will do more formal interview with someone, I will prepare as many questions as possible. Because, though I prepare some questions to listen to long and detailed answers, interviewee could give me short answers for them. I will overcome that variable by preparing many questions. Also, I will use background information about the interviewee to ask the question which he or she thinks interesting and deeply concerned with him or her. But I will not use vague questions because an interviewee easily loses their logic, so story seems very unfocused.        

No comments:

Post a Comment